Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) make banking simple and convenient. However, it’s important to follow basic steps to protect your personal information:
- Don’t write your PIN on the card or give the number out to anyone.
- At the ATM, conduct your business quickly and efficiently. Be aware of your surroundings.
- Use your body to shield the ATM keypad during your transaction. This prevents a camera or remote reader from recording your information.
- Never swipe in a machine that claims to clean, re-magnetize or renew your card.
- Always take the receipt with you.
- Review your account frequently. If you notice any potentially fraudulent charges, contact your bank immediately.
- If you park your car and walk to an ATM, turn off the ignition and lock your doors.
- At drive-through ATMs, roll up the passenger window and lock your doors.
- Put your cash away immediately.