General Information FAQs
Spencer Savings is committed to making its website accessible to all individuals. Please CLICK HERE to review our Accessibility Statement.
The routing number for Spencer Savings Bank is 221271951.
- Spencer Savings Bank has an automated Telephone Banking service that is available 24/7 for accessing account information such as balances, recent transactions, and making internal transfers. The phone number is 877-402-2265.
- When calling for the first time, you will enter the last four digits of your social security number for your PIN. The Telephone Banking system will then prompt you to create a new 4 digit PIN, which will be the one you use to access Telephone Banking for future inquiries.
Online/Mobile Banking FAQs
- To enroll in consumer online banking, simply click on this link: Spencer Savings Bank | Registration.
- To enroll in business online banking, simply click on this link: Spencer Savings Bank | Business Online Banking Registration.
Download the Spencer Savings Bank App from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Once the App is downloaded, simply log in with your same online banking credentials.
The account number may be found via online/mobile banking by following these steps:
- Sign into your online banking via desktop or mobile device
- Select the account from “My Accounts” list
- Account history for that particular account will appear
- Select “Account Details”
- Account Information will appear
- If you forget your password via online/mobile banking, you may select the “Forgot Password” on your desktop computer or “Forgot Login” on the Spencer Savings App.
- A screen will appear to enter your phone number associated with your online banking, along with your username*. A temporary password will be sent via text, which is valid for 30 minutes.
- Another screen will appear to input the temporary password that was received via text, and the website will prompt you to create a new password.
*If you forgot your username, you may select “I forgot my username” and input your email address associated with your online banking. You will then receive an email with your username. Once the username is obtained, you may follow the steps above to reset your password.
- Spencer Savings Bank offers account alerts to be received conveniently via email or text message. Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “My Settings” in the upper right corner.
- A screen will appear with your Personal Information and by scrolling to the bottom of the page; you will select “Alerts & Notifications” under “Other Settings.”
*Activating your cell phone number is required prior to being able to enroll in text message alerts.
Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Additional Services.” From the drop down menu, select “e-Statements.”
Your computer will open a new tab within your browser that will have two columns: Documents and Unviewed Documents; from here you can obtain a copy of your statement(s).
Checks can be reordered via our website by clicking the “Checks” option across the top of the homepage or by visiting https://www.ordermychecks.com/login_a.jsp which will direct you to the Harland Clarke website. You will be prompted to enter your full account number, routing number (221271951), your current zip code, and the account type (i.e. personal or business).
(Fees may apply. For more information, please contact your local financial center or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115.)
- Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Additional Services.” From the drop down menu, select “Stop Payment.”
- A screen will appear in which you will enter the “Check Number”, “Paid From” account, and “Account” to be stopped. The fee for placing a stop payment is listed on the Spencer Savings Bank Fee Schedule.
- The default limit for mobile deposits per banking day are:
- Consumer customers: $5,000 per banking day
- Business customers: $20,000 per banking day
- If your deposit was made before 4:00PM EST, Monday-Friday, it should be reflected in your account on the next business day, subject to the same Funds Availability as branch deposits. Deposits after 4:00PM EST, on weekends, or holidays will be processed on the next banking day.
- Checks deposited via mobile deposit have to go into an account with the same title. Also, please ensure to endorse the back of your check(s) with your signature and write “for mobile deposit only.”
After completing a mobile deposit via the Spencer Savings Bank app, you can check the status by selecting the “Check Deposit/History” Tab. If the deposit is rejected, you will be notified of the reason by email. Please contact your local financial center or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 for any additional questions.
- Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Move Money” from the drop down menu, then “External Transfers.”
- A screen will appear with a set up wizard to get started; the routing and bank account number of the financial institution are required.
- The limits for External Transfers are $500.00 for the first 30 days upon enrollment; thereafter, $2,000.00 daily and $5,000.00 monthly.
- This service is only available for consumer accounts and not business accounts.
*Please note that this service is for transfers to a bank account at another financial institution that is in your name. This service is not for sending money to another individual; please see the next question for instructions to transfer money to someone else.
- Spencer Savings Bank offers PopMoney, which provides the same service of sending money to a bank account at another financial institution that belongs to another individual.
- Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Move Money” from the drop down menu, then “PopMoney.”
- On the Spencer app, once signed in select “More” followed by “PopMoney”.
- A screen will appear with a set up wizard to get started. You may add the cell phone number or email address of the other individual for them to be able to enter their banking information. Another option (available only on the desktop computer) is to obtain the individual’s routing number and account number directly.
- The limits for PopMoney are $500.00 for the first 30 days upon enrollment; thereafter, a request may be made to increase the limit to $2,000.00 daily and $5,000.00 monthly based upon account review and approval.
*Please note that this service is to send money to a bank account at another financial institution that is in another individual’s name. This service is not for sending money to yourself at another financial institution; please see the question above for those instructions.
- The official 1099 tax document is not available via online banking, but the accrued interest amount is available.
- Simply sign into online banking via desktop or mobile device and select the account from “My Accounts”.
- The account history for that particular account will appear; select “Account Details” and you will see the accrued interest for that particular account.
- Please note that if the interest for a tax year is below $10.00, a 1099 tax document does not generate.
In order to activate your debit/ATM card, call 1-800-992-3808 and follow the prompts to complete activation and to set up a PIN.
The phone number to call for assistance is 1-800-992-3808.
- The limit for debit card purchases is $1,500.00 per banking day. This limit can be temporarily increased to complete a large purchase; simply call your financial center or the Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115.
- The limit to withdraw funds from an ATM is $1,000.00 per banking day. This limit cannot be increased.
Replacement debit/ATM cards are automatically issued during the first few days of the expiring month. Your debit/ATM card is valid until the last calendar end of the expiring month.
If you are traveling, and would like to use your debit/ATM card, you must contact your local financial center or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 to provide us with your travel dates and destination(s).
To enroll in text fraud alerts, you must contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 to initiate the process. You will then receive a text message, in which you will have to reply back “Yes” to confirm your phone number and complete the registration process.
- Loan Payments via online/mobile banking can be made with an existing Spencer Savings Checking or Statement Savings account.
- Loan payments cannot be made online with another financial institution’s account number.
- Automatic transfers can be set up online using an existing Spencer Savings Bank account by signing into your online banking and selecting “Move Money”. This transfer can be set up as a onetime payment or recurring monthly transfers.
- Automatic payments (ACH) using another financial institutions bank account cannot be set via online banking. Simply click here to access the ACH FORM, which must be signed and returned back to us.
Drop off at any of our Financial Center locations.
Mailed to: Spencer Savings Bank Attn: Loan Administration
611 River Drive, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
or Fax to 201-797-5374
If you are unable to access the form above, simply call your local Financial Center or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 to obtain the form.
Spencer Savings does not accept partial payments.
Loan bills are not available via online banking, but you may still view your payment history.
- Spencer Savings Bank requires a signed letter from all borrowers requesting the payoff of the loan. The letter should include your loan account number, an effective date of when the payoff is expected to occur, and the signature of all borrowers.
- The signed request can be faxed to our Loan Administration Department at 201-797-5374.
- The official 1098 tax document is not available via online banking; please call or visit your nearest financial center or call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 to obtain a copy of your 1098 tax document.
- If the interest paid for the tax year is below $600.00, a 1098 tax document does not generate.