General Information FAQs
Spencer Savings is committed to making its website accessible to all individuals. Please CLICK HERE to review our Accessibility Statement.
The routing number for Spencer Savings Bank is 221271951.
- Spencer Savings Bank has an automated Telephone Banking service that is available 24/7 for accessing account information such as balances, recent transactions, and making internal transfers. The phone number is 877-402-2265.
- When calling for the first time, you will enter the last four digits of your social security number for your PIN. The Telephone Banking system will then prompt you to create a new 4 digit PIN, which will be the one you use to access Telephone Banking for future inquiries.
Online/Mobile Banking FAQs
- To enroll in consumer online banking, simply click on this link: Spencer Savings Bank | Registration.
- To enroll in business online banking, simply click on this link: Spencer Savings Bank | Business Online Banking Registration.
Download the Spencer Savings Bank App from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Once the App is downloaded, simply log in with your same online banking credentials.
The account number may be found via online/mobile banking by following these steps:
- Sign into your online banking via desktop or mobile device
- Select the account from “My Accounts” list
- Account history for that particular account will appear
- Select “Account Details”
- Account Information will appear
- If you forget your password via online/mobile banking, you may select the “Forgot Password” on your desktop computer or “Forgot Login” on the Spencer Savings App.
- A screen will appear to enter your phone number associated with your online banking, along with your username*. A temporary password will be sent via text, which is valid for 30 minutes.
- Another screen will appear to input the temporary password that was received via text, and the website will prompt you to create a new password.
*If you forgot your username, you may select “I forgot my username” and input your email address associated with your online banking. You will then receive an email with your username. Once the username is obtained, you may follow the steps above to reset your password.
- Spencer Savings Bank offers account alerts to be received conveniently via email or text message. Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “My Settings” in the upper right corner.
- A screen will appear with your Personal Information and by scrolling to the bottom of the page; you will select “Alerts & Notifications” under “Other Settings.”
*Activating your cell phone number is required prior to being able to enroll in text message alerts.
Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Additional Services.” From the drop down menu, select “e-Statements.”
Your computer will open a new tab within your browser that will have two columns: Documents and Unviewed Documents; from here you can obtain a copy of your statement(s).
Checks can be reordered via our website by clicking the “Checks” option across the top of the homepage or by visiting https://www.ordermychecks.com/login_a.jsp which will direct you to the Harland Clarke website. You will be prompted to enter your full account number, routing number (221271951), your current zip code, and the account type (i.e. personal or business).
(Fees may apply. For more information, please contact your local financial center or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115.)
- Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Additional Services.” From the drop down menu, select “Stop Payment.”
- A screen will appear in which you will enter the “Check Number”, “Paid From” account, and “Account” to be stopped. The fee for placing a stop payment is listed on the Spencer Savings Bank Fee Schedule.
- The default limit for mobile deposits per banking day are:
- Consumer customers: $5,000 per banking day
- Business customers: $20,000 per banking day
- If your deposit was made before 4:00PM EST, Monday-Friday, it should be reflected in your account on the next business day, subject to the same Funds Availability as branch deposits. Deposits after 4:00PM EST, on weekends, or holidays will be processed on the next banking day.
- Checks deposited via mobile deposit have to go into an account with the same title. Also, please ensure to endorse the back of your check(s) with your signature and write “for mobile deposit only.”
After completing a mobile deposit via the Spencer Savings Bank app, you can check the status by selecting the “Check Deposit/History” Tab. If the deposit is rejected, you will be notified of the reason by email. Please contact your local financial center or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 for any additional questions.
- Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Move Money” from the drop down menu, then “External Transfers.”
- A screen will appear with a set up wizard to get started; the routing and bank account number of the financial institution are required.
- The limits for External Transfers are $500.00 for the first 30 days upon enrollment; thereafter, a request may be made to increase the limit to $2,000.00 daily and $5,000.00 monthly based upon account review and approval.
- This service is only available for consumer accounts and not business accounts.
*Please note that this service is for transfers to a bank account at another financial institution that is in your name. This service is not for sending money to another individual; please see the next question for instructions to transfer money to someone else.
- Spencer Savings Bank offers Zelle, which provides the same service of sending money to a bank account at another financial institution that belongs to another individual.
- Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Move Money” from the drop down menu, then “Zelle.”
- On the Spencer app, once signed in select “More” followed by “Zelle”.
- A screen will appear with a set up wizard to get started. You may add the cell phone number or email address of the other individual for them to be able to enter their banking information. Another option (available only on the desktop computer) is to obtain the individual’s routing number and account number directly.
- The limits for Zelle are $500.00 for the first 30 days upon enrollment; thereafter, a request may be made to increase the limit to $2,000.00 per business day and $5,000.00 monthly based upon account review and approval.
*Please note that this service is to send money to a bank account at another financial institution that is in another individual’s name. This service is not for sending money to yourself at another financial institution; please see the question above for those instructions.
- The official 1099 tax document is not available via online banking, but the accrued interest amount is available.
- Simply sign into online banking via desktop or mobile device and select the account from “My Accounts”.
- The account history for that particular account will appear; select “Account Details” and you will see the accrued interest for that particular account.
- Please note that if the interest for a tax year is below $10.00, a 1099 tax document does not generate.
Online Banking Shared Access FAQs
Click here for detailed instructions.
Under the “Additional Services” menu in the main navigation, you will see a link called “Share access with others.” This link will take you to the page where you can add subusers and manage their permissions.
[Note: your financial institution has the ability to move links within the main navigation. If you don’t find the “Share access with others” link in the “Additional Services” menu, please ask about its location. Also, your financial institution has the ability to label “Share access with others” link differently. Again, if in doubt, please ask.]
Once you save the subuser, they will receive an email at the address you provided for them with directions on how to setup their account. Once they activate their account, the date of their most recent login will be displayed next to their name on the access management page.
Subusers will only be able to see accounts they were granted access to when you, as the account holder, set them up. For the accounts to which they have access, they will be able to see the balance and transaction history, check and deposit images (if supported), and download the transaction history. Subuser will be able to make transfers and bill payments from the accounts on which permissions are granted. The subuser will not be able to access Money Management, Purchase Rewards, Online Statements, or other pages within Online Banking. They will also be unable to access your account from their mobile device (mobile web or the mobile application).
If your access is set up with payment products (e.g.Bill Pay, ACH or Wires), you’ll have the ability to delegate limited access to the subusers.
The bill pay permission will only display for accounts that you have already setup as bill pay funding accounts. If you want to grant bill pay permissions to an account that is not currently a funding account, you must first go to the bill pay page and add this account as a funding account and then attempt to add a subuser again. The bill pay permission should then display for this account. Please note that if your financial institution allows you to setup external funding accounts in bill pay, you will not be able to grant access to those account to your subusers.
Yes, you can limit the amount of money a subuser can move. When you grant permissions for an account, you will be prompted to enter a transaction limit. You cannot grant access without defining a transaction limit. Any transactions submitted by the subuser that exceed this limit will require your approval before they process. We do not currently support transaction limits for internal (book) transfers.
You can approve subuser transactions on the same page where you manage their permissions. To access this page, login to your account and under the “Additional Services” menu, click on the “Share access with others” link. The transactions that require your approval will be displayed at the top of this page with buttons to approve or deny the transactions.
Transactions that are pending approval do not show up on the main bill pay page. However, they will show up with a status of PENDING on the bill pay transaction history page. Transactions that are approved by the account holder will show up as normal scheduled payment on the main bill pay page. Transactions that are declined by the account holder will not be displayed on the bill pay page.
You will not be notified when the subuser makes transfers. If you have given the subuser access to make payments, you will be notified when they submit transactions.
In order to make account transfers, you must grant subuser transfers permission to both the “to” and the “from” accounts. It’s possible that the subuser cannot make transfers between the accounts that you intended them to transfer between because you did not grant transfers permissions for one of those accounts.
Yes, you can do this by granting either view only or transfer/payment permissions to the set of accounts you want the subuser to see and access.
Yes, you can prevent transfers between accounts by only giving the subuser view only access to an account.
You can edit the subuser’s name, email address, phone number, and permissions by clicking the “Edit” link next to their name on the Access Manager page. Account holders cannot edit a subuser’s username or password. The subuser must do this by logging in and making these changes in My Settings.
Absolutely! And at any time. Go to the page where you gave them access, find their name, look at the Access slider, and change the permission from “Yes” to “No.” Doing this will revoke all subuser access and prevent them from logging into Online Banking altogether.
Call your financial institution right away. They can put the subuser on hold – this will prevent the subuser from logging into Online Banking.
The subuser can easily reset their password or retrieve their username using the links on the Online Banking login page. Additionally, you as the account holder can reset your subuser’s password for them. Another option is to call your financial institution to have your subuser’s password reset. We prefer that the subuser first try self-service (that is, try to reset their password or retrieve their username) before calling you or calling your financial institution.
- Zelle is a great and safe way to send and receive money from friends and family even if they bank at a different institution. Zelle transfers are like sending cash to another individual, so you should not send money to individuals you are not familiar with or do not trust. It is important to ensure you are sending funds to the correct phone number or email address.
- Currently, we have Zelle available for consumer customers 18 years and over. Business customers are not eligible to enroll in Zelle through Spencer Savings Bank.
- A mobile number or email address that is not already enrolled with Zelle at a different bank or credit union; international numbers and landlines are not accepted.
- Simply sign into your online banking on your desktop computer and select “Move Money” from the drop-down menu, then “Zelle.” On the Spencer app, once signed in, select “More” followed by “Zelle”.
- There are no fees associated, standard messaging rates may apply.
- Most payments will be sent instantly, if not then they will be processes in 1 business day. The funds are debited from the sender’s account within minutes.
- Daily limit for Zelle is $2,000.00.
- You can cancel a payment if the person you sent money to has not collected it. To review whether the payment is still pending and able to be cancelled, you can go to your activity page for Zelle and click on the desired payment. If the payment can be cancelled, you will be given the option to “Cancel This Payment.”
- Zelle transfers are like sending cash to another individual, so you should not send money to individuals you are not familiar with or do not trust.
- Be cautious when receiving emails, texts, or links from unknown senders. Do not click or open them.
- Do not provide account information over the phone to individuals you are not familiar with or do not trust.
In order to activate your debit/ATM card, call 1-800-992-3808 and follow the prompts to complete activation and to set up a PIN.
The phone number to call for assistance is 1-800-992-3808.
- The limit for debit card purchases is $1,500.00 per banking day. This limit can be temporarily increased to complete a large purchase; simply call your financial center or the Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115.
- The limit to withdraw funds from an ATM is $1,000.00 per banking day. This limit cannot be increased.
Replacement debit/ATM cards are automatically issued during the first few days of the expiring month. Your debit/ATM card is valid until the last calendar end of the expiring month.
If you are traveling, and would like to use your debit/ATM card, you must contact your local financial center or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 to provide us with your travel dates and destination(s).
To enroll in text fraud alerts, you must contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 to initiate the process. You will then receive a text message, in which you will have to reply back “Yes” to confirm your phone number and complete the registration process.
- Loan Payments via online/mobile banking can be made with an existing Spencer Savings Checking or Statement Savings account.
- Loan payments cannot be made online with another financial institution’s account number.
- Automatic transfers can be set up online using an existing Spencer Savings Bank account by signing into your online banking and selecting “Move Money”. This transfer can be set up as a onetime payment or recurring monthly transfers.
- Automatic payments (ACH) using another financial institutions bank account cannot be set via online banking. Simply click here to access the ACH FORM, which must be signed and returned back to us.Drop off at any of our Financial Center locations.
Mailed to: Spencer Savings Bank Attn: Loan Administration
611 River Drive, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
or Fax to 201-797-5374
If you are unable to access the form above, simply call your local Financial Center or our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 to obtain the form.
Spencer Savings does not accept partial payments.
Loan bills are not available via online banking, but you may still view your payment history.
- Spencer Savings Bank requires a signed letter from all borrowers requesting the payoff of the loan. The letter should include your loan account number, an effective date of when the payoff is expected to occur, and the signature of all borrowers.
- The signed request can be faxed to our Loan Administration Department at 201-797-5374.
- The official 1098 tax document is not available via online banking; please call or visit your nearest financial center or call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-363-8115 to obtain a copy of your 1098 tax document.
- If the interest paid for the tax year is below $600.00, a 1098 tax document does not generate.